Saturday 27 June 2015

Oelp Reflection- Ya Wen

1. I have chosen to go on this trip as I wanted to learn more new knowledges. China is a fast developing country and I know that I would definitely gain many new experiences and learn much during this trip. I have a strong interest in the Chinese culture and tradition and thus I wish to know more about China's rich history such as the past dynasties, which has brought the country to where it is today. In addition, I hope that these knowledge that I gained in this trip could be of further use to making Singapore a better place for all. Before I set off for this trip, where I knew much learning would be done, I have made a decision to stay independent and self-disciplined throughout this trip. In the past, I have always relied on my parents every time I encounter an obstacle in life. Whether it is misplacing my items or even simply solving a Mathematics question, I have always seek help from my parents as I knew that they would be there for me no matter what. However, this is the first time where I have to be independent to live and experience the world before me. I know that I would be without my parents in this one-week trip and that in order to be independent, self disciplinary is an important constituent that I have to control well. Thus, I have made a huge decision to focus on my objective in this trip, which is not to just have fun in the midst of learning but also to be disciplined and independent.

 

 

2. There was a situation which deeply impacted me during this trip to Anhui,China. It was the time when we went to our sister school-----ShouchunMiddle School. Seeing how the students pay full attention to the teacher, I reflected a lot on my learning attitude back in Singapore. Before I went on this trip, I admit that my learning attitude was not quite good. Sometimes, when the lesson was of a subject which I favored less, I tend to not pay so much attention. Given the fact that I am sitting at the back of the class, I would also chit-chat with my friends or start doing something else. However, when I saw how the students remained concentrated regardless the lesson or the teacher, I clearly felt ashamed of my past behaviors. Come to think of it, what I did was really disrespectful to the teacher and till the end, the one who comes to suffer is none other than myself. When I went for house visit and interviewed my buddy, I found out that as time goes by, the living standards of the people in china improves. My house visit buddy has taught me something that I would not be able to learn in class. When I went to the supermarket to buy items during the house visit, I had new experiences and learned of the current high living cost in China. At the rate of China's development, it would soon surpass other countries and this fact left a great impact on me. Looking back at our history, isn't that just how Singapore has made it from a third world country to a first world country?

 

 

 

 

 3. This trip has definitely taught me much. I promise to change my learning attitude for the better. I have also learnt the importance of self-disciplinary, together with the independence I have developed during this trip. I hope that this independence can be of a long term effect, such that I will be able to handle different situations form now on, no longer having the need to rely on my family and friends. Not forgetting that learning attitude of mine, I will try to pay full attention to every lesson regardless the teacher or the subject being taught. I believe it would be beneficial to me if I do so and this time, I would give my basic respect for the teacher who is trying hard to help me. I hope that these changes would last long and have a positive effect on my future life. I would also use the knowledge I have gained during this trip to help make Singapore a better place for everyone. For example, I remembered to note down the different business techniques used by the successful companies we have had the opportunity to explore and learn about in China. I'll make sure that these techniques are being taken into considerations in future when I grow up to be one who has the ability to contribute to the society and help Singapore. By amalgamating the experiences gained by each one of us, I believe that it would benefit Singapore's development and improve Singapore to make it a better environment for all of us.

No comments: